America's increased practice of torture was sold to the citizenry by intertwining it with a notion that post-911, everyone in the world not with Big Oil Bush, family and friends deserved torture, despite it being illegal and amoral plus it is proven to cause terrorist acts against the US.
Standard criminal investigation protocol includes seeking who benefited. (What kind of American would not want to know who benefited from 911?) A succinct summary of who has and is benefiting from the 911 New York City mass murder is provided in Upswing's October 18 Newsvine article, Did the Bush Crime Family Benefit Most From the Failed 9/11 Attacks?
As have countless others who maintain critical thinking ability, Upswing says the most rediculous of all 911 theories "is the ridiculous official Boxcutter Conspiracy Theory offered to explain the events of 9/11 -- you know, 15, 19 or whatever number of Arabs in a cave outsmarting and debilitating the entire US military and intelligence structure."
At least one-third of American adults no longer believe Bush's fabricated 911 boxcutter theory, again thanks to those dangerous sorts (to criminals) who tell the truth and rallied behind the 911 Truth Movement. Bush's official investigative commission have even rejected their own report as "almost entirely untrue." But this has not been enough for Americans to hold accountable the man in charge at the time, the man that ordered the commission to lie to get the ball rolling for a bonanza at the expense of Americans and indeed, humanity.
7 ways the Bush crime family and friends benefited directly from 9/11 events as per Upswing
1. Saddam Hussein was removed as an obstacle to the oil industry, which the Bush crime family is heavily invested in, getting control of Iraq's "suddenly uprated" oil supplies.
2. The demolition of WTC7, which was executed under cover of the attacks, meant that records supporting the SEC's case against Enron, which Bush's longstanding friendship with Enron CEO Ken Lay left him susceptible to was, in an instant, vaporized.
3. CIA records, which could easily have included the G.H. W. Bush's longstanding covert CIA activities were, similarly, vaporized in an instant.
4. Bush was able to begin what is now known to be an illegal war against Iraq, in which he not only got access to Iraq's oilfields, but that Cheney's KBR and Halliburton scammed billions of dollars by allegedly "rebuilding" it.
5. The illegal invasion of Iraq also allowed Cheney's companies to make billions of dollars by "supporting" the US and allied militaries. (Some of that "support," of course, included poisoning and electrocuting US warriors.)
6. Bush got to implement the PATRIOT Act, which gave him an extraordinary amount of personal control by fiat over the country's society, commerce and economy.
7. Bush's War on Terror scared people into re-electing him for a second term.
Dave Lindorff and constitutional rights specialist Barbara Olshansky, in their book, The Case for Impeachment, explain why G.W. Bush and his inner circle must be held accountable for high crimes and misdemeanors (instead of falling for more of his evil by supporting his book tour). Among most grievous harms they list are:
• Misleading the nation into war
• Authorizing and encouraging the use of torture
• Failing in almost every way to defend the homeland and our borders
• Undermining habeas corpus and other traditional rights
• Illegal NSA wiretapping, mail opening, and other assaults on the Bill of Rights
• The catastrophic federal failure to respond to Hurricane Katrina
Of course, Bush and Co. now extends to Obama and his criminal cronies. Lindorff states in his Counterpunch article the Case for the Impeachment of Barack Obama: